SPC (Stone Plastic Composite) flooring is a material used for architectural tiles, which is an upgraded version of high-grade plastic tiles. Its main components include plastic PE plus calcium carbonate stone powder and anti-expansion additives, which have the same function as tile floorings, natural stone floorings or wood floorings.
What Is The Structure Of Spc Flooring?
SPC floorings have up to 5 layers of material. The characteristics of each layer of material are as follows:
- UV Coating: This is a transparent layer placed on top of the flooring that prevents UV rays from affecting the texture of the material. It can effectively prevent the fading of the flooring.
- Protective Layer: The main role of this layer is to protect the material from external influences. Make sure it is slip-resistant, waterproof, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant.
- Film Layer: This is the layer that creates the wood grain color and texture of the product. The color and texture of the material are determined by this film.
- Core Layer: The main structural component of this layer is pure PE plastic combined with stone powder to provide durability and safety indicators for the material.
- Base Layer: This layer acts to prevent the penetration of water vapor from the flooring into the material. It determines the moisture resistance, warpage, and shrinkage function of the flooring. In addition, the sound insulation effect of the material is also determined by this layer.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Spc Flooring
Due to the 5-layer durable structure made with modern technology, SPC plastic flooring has many outstanding advantages during use, as follows:
1. High-end aesthetics
The flooring surface is delicate and the wood grain is outstanding. These wood grain patterns are no different from natural wood. They even have an excellent sheen.
The texture and color of the materials are carefully designed to create a realistic feel of the natural wood grain. In addition, the product also has a variety of colors and wood grain textures, which consumers can choose according to their personal preferences and the overall design of the project.
2. Effectively anti-slip and waterproof
The product is almost waterproof, so it can be used in places such as bathrooms or kitchens that are often exposed to water. Water-resistance also helps ensure the product’s slip resistance. The high coefficient of friction of the material is a factor that promotes the slip resistance of the material.
3. Lightweight and high elasticity
The material thickness is only in the range of 3.2mm – 6.0mm, so the weight is relatively light, which helps to reduce the load on the building. Compared to wood, this product is much lighter in weight.
When subjected to a strong impact, the material will not deform and will return to its original state as long as there is no pressure.
4. Antibacterial ability
At present, the vast majority of SPC plastic floorings are put on the market after strict antibacterial treatment. Therefore, in the process of use, the growth and development of bacteria will be minimized.
5. Wear resistance
The flooring surface is specially treated and protected by an anti-wear layer, making it highly resistant to wear.
6. Environmentally friendly
Since it is made of pure PE plastic and raw stone powder, the additive composition does not contain formaldehyde, lead, benzene, and heavy metals. All materials have a relatively high safety index. Thereby ensuring the health and safety of users without affecting the environment.
7. Waterproof and moisture-proof
The flooring has a solid structure consisting of 5 layers with good water resistance. Therefore, there will be no termites even if you lay SPC floorings in places that are often exposed to water.
Due to the inclusion of a stone powder layer, SPC floorings are heavier than other types of plastic floorings.
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- If the flooring surface is not treated flat and clean, it is easy to cause peeling.
- The locking system is very susceptible to damage if the substrate is not properly treated prior to use.
What Are The Applications Of Spc Flooring?
Due to the prominent advantages of SPC flooring, it is often installed in many places.
This material can be used in flooring tile spaces such as living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens. For bathrooms, toilets, and other spaces with high humidity, there is no need to worry about damaging the flooring because it has good water resistance.
Commercial centers, gyms, clothing stores and other crowded places, the SPC flooring not only increases the beauty of the space but also does not worry about being scratched.
Schools, hospitals, offices, and other public buildings, the use of SPC flooring will effectively reduce noise.