How to repair corrupted PCI system File
- Requirements: Basic Knowledge on Windows, Registry Editing
- Level: Advance Users
- Operating System: WindowsXP, Windows 7
What is Vulnerabilities on Windows Operating System?
Things to Remember
Is the “Last Known Good Configuration” Options work all the time?
What to do in case this option won’t work.
and as well as the:
Registry Entries. If the caused of Failure are any of the option above all you have to do is to restore your system from its known restoration point, in the case that you did turn-off System restore these option can never be use as there are no available restore point for the “System Restore” to Initiate.
To Restore from Previous Restore Point:
- Restart the windows from Safemode by pressing F8 Continually during startup.
- Select Safemode from the Boot Menu.
- Point to Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore.
- After restoration is complete restart the PC.
- Your Computer will normally boot as if there’s nothing happen.
a “Missing or Corrupted PCI.sys” Error appeared
Instructions to restore corrupted file
- Copy PCI.sys File from other computer save it in a Flash Drive or Diskette.
- Insert Flash Drive into USB Port or Insert Diskette in to drive A.
- Use your WindowsXP Installation CD or any Windows XP Installer, Insert it to CD-ROM.
- Boot from CD-ROM.
- Select Repair by pressing “R” on your Keyboard.
- Select “1″ for C:\Windows\System32.
- Enter your Administrator password twice Lost Administrator password can never do the repair.
- The Given Action is shown below:
Overwrite an existing file
In the Picture above, Drive H: is my Flash Drive where I copied the PCI.sys from other computer. When asked for overwrite type “Y” to overwrite the existing corrupted file. Restart PC by typing Exit in the command Processor.
How to repair corrupted PCI system File,